As mid semester break continues on I fall straight back into the swing of being a student. That is, to put it simply, much like being unemployed but socially accepted.
It with semester breaks that I begin to realise how little time we actually spend at university/ college. I have two and a half years until graduation and of the 120 weeks, only 50 are teaching weeks.
Sleeping in until lunch time and spending the rest of my days on Facebook and YouTube gets old very quickly. With it though, it brings a lot time for introspective thinking. Personally, I begin to think that there are easier and faster ways to become a professional member of the workforce albeit in a different industry.
This lack of structure to my life makes me feel like I’m in a rut. That my life is stagnating and I’m not moving forward. However, I KNOW that I am moving forward and that any place worth going takes effort.
I guess I’m just part of the student body minority. I thirst for knowledge and love being at university.
Most students would be shocked to hear this- but I can’t wait to go back to uni and am dreading summer break!
I’ve been to lectures and I’ve been to tutorials. I have all my poorly written, incorrectly spelled notes ready to consolidate and re write, but I’m now laying in bed after a solid 45 minutes of online uno. Sad right?
This got me thinking of all the things I end up doing instead of writing notes.
1. Go to the bank or post office- not matter what I ended up doing this once or three times a day. For some reason or another I HAD to go to the bank or post office RIGHT THAT MINUTE.
2. Facebook- if the name is at least partly familiar, I will go through the pictures and wall posts and mutual friends and other friends and then through my own friends until I’m not sure if I actually know the people or I’ve randomly clicked their profile
3. Doing my washing- again I always seems to need to do it NOW! That one pair of jeans, yeah the one of 10 I own, just so happens to be the pair I want to wear next Wednesday- better do it now.
4. Play online uno in bed- currently sitting at level 62 after I had it on my list of goals for 2014 to “reach level 50 in uno”.
5. Lastly, I seem to go buy novels a lot. Online or in stores, I’m addicted to buying books. I recently purchased the cuckoos calling because I found out Robert Gailbraith was JK Rowlings pseudonym. I’m currently at 36 unread novels to 10 read.
Now that I’ve been away from my notes for a good two hours I guess I better go to the bank before it shuts and check my washing.